Leica RTC360 LT 3D Laser Scanner
What is the difference between the RTC360 and the RTC360 LT?
When comparing the RTC360 laser scanners side by side, they look very similar however there are two key differences – one difference is visible to the eye and the other is not visible when looking at the product exterior:
- Difference #1: When looking at the housing of the RTC360 LT, you can see that it has no Visual Inertial System (VIS) functionality. This means that the RTC360 LT doesn’t have the five VIS cameras which are visible on the housing of the RTC360.
- Difference #2: The second difference is not visible from comparing the scanners side by side, yet it is noticeable when in the field as the registration process is a little longer than the RTC360 – it’s the scanning speed. The RTC360 has a scanning speed of 2 million pts/sec and the RTC360 LT has a scanning speed of 1 million pts/sec. This is half the speed of the RTC360, and yet the captured scan data is not compromised.
What does it mean if the RTC360 LT doesn’t have VIS?
When using the RTC360 with VIS enabled, it means the overall registration process is simplified and automated, significantly reducing the time in the field and office. This is because VIS can automatically position each scan relative to the previous position and each scan is immediately positioned in the correct geometrical location within the Cyclone FIELD 360 app. Therefore, when VIS is not available, the overall time for the registration process takes a little longer because each scan is positioned with no immediate relation to the previous orientation. The alignment and registration process in the field is not fully-automated as it is with the RTC360. When you carry out the manual alignment and pre-registration in Cyclone FIELD 360 with the RTC360 LT, you see the two scans which you have selected and are able to position them correctly, optimise them and create the link.
The Leica RTC360 LT 3D reality capture solution empowers users to document and capture their environments in 3D, improving efficiency and productivity in the field and in the office through fast, simple-to-use, accurate, and portable hardware and software. The RTC360 LT 3D laser scanner is the solution for professionals to manage project complexities with accurate and reliable 3D representations and discover the possibilities of any site.
- Highly portable, highly automated, intuitive and designed for maximum productivity, the RTC360 LT solution efficiently combines the RTC360 LT a high-performance 3D laser scanner, Leica Cyclone FIELD 360 mobile-device app for edge computing for automatically registering scans in real time, and Leica Cyclone REGISTER 360 office software to integrate your 3D model seamlessly into your workflow.
- Capture scans, including enriching High-Dynamic Range (HDR) imagery, in less than two minutes.
- Augment your data capture with information tags illustrating the opportunities for better planning, reflect site reality, and boost your teams’ situational awareness
- Directly publish your captured data from Cyclone FIELD 360 to Leica TruView Cloud to quickly exchange project information prior to import and registration
Small and lightweight, the Leica RTC360 LT scanner’s portable design and collapsible tripod mean it’s compact enough to fit into most backpacks, ready to be taken anywhere. Once on-site, easy-to-use, one-button operation makes for fast, hassle-free scanning.
Low noise data allows for better images, resulting in crisp, high-quality scans that are rich in detail and ready for use in a range of applications. Combined with Cyclone FIELD 360 software for automated registration in the field, the Leica RTC360 LT scanner offers outstanding precision that can be checked on-site.
Pre-registraton in the field
As part of the RTC360 LT solution, the Cyclone FIELD 360 app links the 3D data acquisition in the field with the laser scanner and data registration in the office with Cyclone REGISTER 360. On-site the user can automatically capture, register and examine scan and image data. The user interface combines easy handling of complex calculations with a graphical user guidance that offers a remarkable user experience, also for novice users.